Nobody But Yourself

"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting." ~e.e. cummings

9.03.2004

Much Needed Update

Dear god, how everything flies upon me with great speed. I officially have a departure date for my long anticipated year abroad. September Tenth, 8:20 pm, I leave for Germany. I found out this evening and was suddenly struck with just how much work I have to do in the next week. Between moving furniture, our trip to Boston, and packing, I should be pretty well occupied. Forget any concerns I might have had about ways to fill my time after my job ends (tomorrow, if anyone has forgotten).

As far as work goes, it will be all I can do to leave the kids without tears. They are mostly too young for any concepts of saying goodbye to have much meaning, and there is one in particular who I fear may feel abandoned when I stop showing up. I do have a tendency to let children who really need someone to attach to, get far too close, when I know I cannot be a long term figure in their lives. sigh...Kids are tough, I am sure he will be all right.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just read this and you're leaving tonight. I hope your trip is wonderful! Please update us on your adventures. I'll check here regularly. :)

    Emma

     

Post a Comment

<< Home